To Read List

Shana 's to-read book montage

Once in a Full Moon
Last Sacrifice
Darkest Mercy
Radiant Shadows
Fragile Eternity
Beautiful Creatures
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella
Linger
Beastly
Clockwork Angel
Glass Houses
The Host
Enna Burning
Inkspell
Need
Wings
Fade
Twisted
Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception
The Dark Divine


Shana 's favorite books »

BLOG NEWS!

Welcome!



Blog News!



It is now the month of August and well that well awaited break I was hoping for so I could catch up on some reading and writing has not presented itself thus far so ...I have not posted in a while. On a happy note MAD HATTER HAS BEEN LOCATED and is now becoming an active co blogger again YES!!!!! For those of you who were wondering what my little womb raider is....*drum roll*...*pause for dramatic effect*...ITS A GIRL! and she is due any day now. Thank you all for hanging in with me through this dry time I look forward to getting back in the saddle.


Happy Reading and Writing!!!


Friday, November 12, 2010

Rocky Horror Ocala Review

Insomniac Theater Located in the Heart of Downtown Ocala Just across from the square on State Road 40
(Before I start, I would like to apologize to the Insomniac theater gang and viewers of this blog. My good camera was malfunctioning so I had to borrow my 11yr olds camera. Pictures are not that great but I promise next time will have better pictures lol)

First and for most make sure you reserve your tickets to showing of your choice. Seating is limited and the performance and atmosphere is well worth making sure you are able to get in.
We started out this venture with a last minute notice that The Insomniac Cast were still performing the Cult Classic Rocky Horror Picture Show….minus the picture J No throwing things allowed but call backs and audience participation are welcome. We almost did not get seating the awesome door attendents were able to squeeze myself and a fellow reviewer in. No special treatment here they did not know we were doing reviews. So THANK YOU wonderful door attendants for playing musical chairs for us.

Cast Review: Awesome! It would be unfair to pick and choose favorites with a cast this talented. Where they may have goofed in timing they more than made up for in passion for what they were doing. Acting was spot on with minor TECH difficulties with sound. However, nothing that would take away from the experience. The Cast handled it well the show must go on right. Cast members that stood out a little more than others  
           
Lips/Magenta She had this lazy bored seductive eye thing going on lol I’m not into women but she was HOT! Wonderful Job.
            RiffRaff Complete cutie sensational voice acting skills leaves nothing to be desire (and may I say a dead shoe in for LEX Luthor)
            Criminologist (I about died when the man changed into his blue halter I don’t think I yelled quite as loud for anyone else he was amazing.)
            Janet I was unable to get a good picture of Janet but she looked wonderful her timing voice and acting were fantastic
            In addition, one of the background dancers who just looked like there was no place else she would rather be.
            Frankinfurter, Brad, and Rocky: I have never seen men so comfortable in women’s clothing and scary enough that was such a turn on (I know I’m a sick puppy) lol JK I loved that they were confident if any of them were uncomfortable it did not show. Voices Rocked Acting Spectacular.
            Dr. Scott: Loved the guy who played him. However, the Eddie character was a little awkward. HE ROCKED that wheelchair and the legs oooh la la fishnets baybee loved it.

Criminologist and me

           

ONE THING THAT ROCKED MORE THAN ANYTHING: They had people of all sizes from teeny tiny girls to more full figured curvy girls I being not of the tiny persuasion was getting sick of seeing only thin girls flaunt what they got on the big screen and other plays. It’s about time that people throw self-consciousness to the wind and embrace who they are. I was knocked out by the diversity of the cast GREAT JOB GUYS!!! Can’t wait for the next show.
            I SUGGEST SWEENY TODD,love the music from that, or an audience participation version of grease lol cue cards work wonders. IF ROCKY HORROR is preformed again there I would suggest audience plants so that the audience becomes more involved. I got the feeling people didn’t participate as much because they were unsure of what was allowed during the participation parts.

THE BEST PART OF THE NIGHT: the group dance on stage the audience was asked to join in the dancing fun fun fun.

THANK YOU to the cast and crew behind the scenes they worked just as hard as the actors and get very little recognition. YOU ARE THOUGHT OF and appreciated without you people there would not be a well functioning show.  
FUN PICTURES FROM THE NIGHT

 
MadHatter and Rocky

                                                            









reviewed by Shay

1 comment: